The Mardana rooms are built around a spacious garden court ringed on three sides by spectacular arcade halls. These had never been completed and large rocks had to be hand-chiselled to create living spaces. The thick walls were pierced to make balconies with views of the countryside. Each room has two or three square rooms linked with wide arches and the facilities are discreetly tucked within.
An ‘L’ shaped room honours the inventive photographer Rohit Chawla who has created many series of work which re-creates the miniatures and paintings of masters in a studio setting using contemporary people and props. Its balcony opens onto the sunrise.
- Level/Floor - Ground
- No. of beds - 1 Single / 1 Double
- People accommodated without extra bed - 3
- No. of extra beds can be provided - 0
- View from the room - courtyard view
- Standing Balcony with hill and field view
- Sitting Verandah and Bathtub
- Special facilities for elderly people