As suggested by its name The Old Bungalow is the oldest structure in Ramgarh, dating back to 1900 CE. It was used as a Dak Bungalow for the posts and as a night halt for British officers who came for inspection on horseback with their ladies carried on dandi palanquins.
The English Room is situated in between the Kashmir and the Kumaon Suites. An impressive colonial double bed with a headrest displaying the insignia of British royalty faces a grand fireplace and a Lazarus almirah from the same period. The art is also reminiscent of the era: British explorer’s and artists’ detailed maps and etchings. The main door leads on to the wide verandah with views of the pine-forest mountains.